Do you have a proven passion for visual designs? Do you think user experience is key? Get in touch with us!
Visual UX Designer
Designing high quality products creating appealing user experiences for our customers worldwide
Your job as Visual UX Designer
As a member of the Visual UX team you have the responsibility for the visual designs in our products by creating an attractive unified user experience that delivers a seamless flow to our customers and users.
You work intensively with Interaction Designers on the development of concepts for the user interface of our software products and devices. You create appealing graphics, dynamic transitions and translate designs into a style guide or a specification. Moreover, you make sure all concepts are aligned over all products and devices. Together with (external) developers you make sure your designs are correctly implemented.
You are sensitive to 'the latest and greatest' in the world, translating trends into an inspiring vision for future development of visualizations and user experience. You push the visual style forward and create patterns within brand standards. This position is based in Venlo, the Netherlands, and you report to Manager Océ Design.
What do we have to offer you?
We offer you a job in an open and creative environment within an international organization, where you work with other designers and developers on usability and interaction for products and devices. Your contribution is essential for building an appealing user experience and you work on a variety of projects within product development.
And there is more....
- A competitive salary, thirteenth month payment and holiday allowance
- 38 vacation days
- A 40-hour week with flexible hours and the option of partially working from home
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- Commuting allowance
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field with focus on Visual User Experience design.
- Preferably have 3-5years relevant working experience, or you are graduated recently and are looking for a job within product development with a focus on visual user experience.
- A portfolio showing your proven passion for developing high quality products with optimal visual designs and user experience.
- Proven skills with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and with programming in HTML5 and CSS.
- You are a team player, take initiative, strive for quality and you are able to set the priorities right and can deal with uncertainty.
- You have strong communication skills and like to work in cross-functional teams. Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Context of the position
The team Océ Design (25 professionals) is located in Venlo, but partners with all Océ R&D sites worldwide. Our goal is to create one unified user experience for all Océ solutions: hardware, software as well as services. The focus of the team is on: user profiling, interaction design, visual UX design, product design, prototyping, and design validation.
Founded in 1877, Océ is a global leader in digital imaging, industrial printing and collaborative business services. Océ's mission is to accelerate new digital print technologies and transform them into local printing products and services for blue-chip multinationals around the globe and creative studios around the corner. A Canon Group Company, Océ operates a vast global network of R&D centres to connect emerging digital print technologies to future markets. Océ is headquartered in The Netherlands, in the heart of Europe's hi-tech corridor.
Request further information or apply now
EXTERNAL: For more information about this position, contact Nynke Adema, Recruiter, T +31 (0)77 359 2898. Or you can apply directly by sending your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae via the link below.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
INTERNAL: For more information about this position, contact Carlijn Compen, Manager Océ Design, T +31 (0)77 359 2285 or Richard Scheijde, HR Manager, T 5194. Or you can apply directly by sending your letter of motivation and curriculum vitae via the 'Apply' button.
The referral hiring program is applicable to this position.